Friday, January 16, 2009

La Boda - The Wedding

Being asked to be part of a wedding is always such an honor, and even more so when its a wedding in a community that you have recently become a part of. One of my best friends is 23 and is the hardest working woman I know here. We talk for hours and she is never afraid to tell it to me like it is. She also edits all my documents in Spanish. I was one of the four bridesmaids in her December wedding to a great guy. As my second time as a bridesmaid I didn't get quite as lucky with the bride's dress selection. These pictures are for your enjoyment.

The handsome couple and my bro will be starting their own greenhouses in the coming year as part of a youth business course.
This cake was huge and came in the back of a station wagon. I don't know how it survived our bumpy dirt road.
Las Damas - the ladies or bridesmaids.

My new roommate and I head to toe in GOLD. Can you see my eyeshadow? Yes, gold. At least we didn't have to buy the dresses!

No comments: